All things must come to an end....
1) I loved Teacher Tube and creating avitars
2) This has made me more adventuresome when it somes to surfing the interent and what I can use my computer for regarding my job, I am usually worries about messing up the computer, but learning so many new things has increased my confidence
3) I had no idea how much my soon to be fourth grader knew about the computer and some of these programs such as Photostory, she is so far ahead of me, which is fun and great for her because as a dyslexic student she will always need some technology assistance
4) There were only a few times that I felt like the directions/procedures were cumbersome, such as with photostory which nearly did me in
5) I would, I thought this was great, I knew a few friends who were doing this also, so that helped and was even more fun
6) eye-opening (does that count as one word if I use a hyphen?)
7) I have commented on a few but will do some more, there were some many people participating this summer, I think I commented more at the beginning as I was getting started than at the end, but I do admit I loved getting comments on mine, so I will now go and return the favor.
Thank you to all who put this together, what a great idea! I'm done right? What do I do now?
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Ning is very cool. One idea I had that I would assume is already being used, is using Ning as a part of collaboration and communication when distance learning is being utilized by a student. Another idea that I thought of was if an organization such as a support group for an educational disability could set up a Ning, such as one for parents of dyslexic students in Texas, because Texas education regarding dyslexia is different than in other states where dyslexia is a part of special education.
Friday, August 1, 2008
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
I am having a VERY difficult time posting my audacity recording. I have been working with audacity because I thought it would be most beneficial to my students. I made several recordings and think it would be great to use with kids. The kids could record their voices and use it as a tool to monitor their own progress whether with articulation, voice, even pragmatics. I am going to keep trying to get the actual recording onto my blog.
Okay, I loved the Teacher Tube and U-Tube stuff. I did have some difficulty embedding, better luck with Teacher Tube than UTube. The video I found was interesting to me because it was about golf and physics, not that I know much about physics, but I do like golf and the physics makes it even more interesting. I think that these videos have an awesome potential in the classroom, but I will need to explore more for my area of teaching.