Monday, June 30, 2008

Thing #10



I created this cartoon, based on a joke with a co-worker. I used comic strip generator but next time will use my own photos (however I don't have many on my SBISD lap top). I know several teachers who have done this with their students. As a speech pathologist this could be used in a variety of ways, it could be used with self pictures for reinforcement and specific learning, this could be used as a part of a daily schedule or a personalized way to learn a self help skill. Also you could do personalized articulation cards. The kicker is having the time to do this with the students, I would need to practice more first!

2 comments:

Book Nook Girl said...

Time...it is our greatest obstacle I think! You have some great ideas of using the online image generators with students! I think once you taught them how to do it, they would pick it up fast!

Anonymous said...

I like how you are really trying to think outside of the box. For a classroom teacher there seem to be a lot of great ideas that are easy to use with the students (for the most part and depending on age). I like the idea of self pictures. I was thinking that when you stop off in the lab to visit with some of your students you won't feel so "out of the loop" when they are working on activities from these sites. Hopefully you will be seeing these things happening in the labs or on the classroom computers, and you will feel more comfortable to work along side them. I bet you will continue to pick up on new uses for these activities too. Let me know what they are as you learn new things.