Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Thing #7

I reviewed all of the various Google links. The one I enjoyed the most was Google Scholar. This search engine would be great to use for article research on a specific speech/language topic, such as articulation development. For me, the Google Scholar would be an excellent resource for evidence based practice. I was not impressed withPicasa after loving Flickr. A family favorite was iGoogle. My daughter has her own email address and profile on the family computer, so she helped me create her own home page - what fun!

3 comments:

What?? said...

Hmmm...I was kinda confused by flickr. Maybe I need flickr tutoring. Did you know that picasa is a big scrapbookers site?? Evidentally they have great cropping tools for your personal pics.

Book Nook Girl said...

Google is amazing, isn't it. I didn't play that much with the Google scholar. I need to go back and look at that again. I did love the iGoogle homepage. That was fun to do! One person suggested students could set up iGoogle pages and create a tab for each of their classes. I thought this was a great idea, especially for older students.

prek kitten said...

Have you tried the google calendar? It is fabulous! Color coded, sent reminders, and the ability to share with others! I am addicted