Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Thing #8

Well, I thought the Google Reader was impressive. It could be a great resource for teachers, possibly narrowing searches and saving 'surf time'. I however was not very selective in creating mine and therefore will not be sharing it. It seems to me that you would need to be selective in your subscriptions and that for this to be a time saver there would need to be more front loading time in the Google Reader creating then I did. I would think that educators could create a Reader for specific study topics, such as the Civil War, a specfic country, etc. For me as a special educator I could have a Reader designed to keep me in touch with research based studies and parent support groups.

1 comment:

Book Nook Girl said...

Good ideas for using Google Reader. Did you know you can create folders within your Google reader. That has been very helpful for me. I have gone back and reorganized my feeds into more managable folders.